11/30/2009

Share This Tribe.

A post from over at - Share This Course - With Mark Pesce & friends.

I find it hard to describe what I’ve learnt this week, but I’ll share some very broad things’ I started to learn about more deeply just today after reading Mark’s ‘Hyperpeople’. In particular…. “MP3 recording uses a mathematical technique known as Fourier Transforms to break an audio signal into its constituent sound waves. It’s like a chord played on a guitar: you can think of a chord as a set of individual strings being played simultaneously.” This caused me to think of Claude Shannon, and led me, via a quick wiki search to revisit some fascinating info’ at wiki describing his contributions to the ‘digital age, and the technology of sharing?
To my mind, today, I kind of learnt that good poetry’ has a resonance with the Fourier Transform, and music too by way of the sweet chord-analogy made by Mark. I’m not sure I have fully processed and learn’t about Fourier transforms, but I have found a new field of interest I feel worthy of deeper investigation and sharing here as an example. I also learnt a little about Giordano Bruno, Nietzsche, Giambattista Vico, James Joyce, McLuhan and Claude Shannon and what they have in common with my own warped interpretation of some parts of ‘Hyperpeople’. Furthermore, I feel that, although Internet may have no historical precedent, certain individuals have a strong resonance with the world wide web. Today I learn’t why Nietzsche and Shannon, in particular, are important historical figures, kick-started by thoughts inspired while reading ‘hyperpeople’ if… we were to fiddle with historical events, contrasted with the current refreshing focus on the present 2009 – scenario-universe.
I shd/ come clean here though, friends, and confess that I’m not an academic, a Phd, or a University student, but I’m probably best classed in the realm of the drop-out I guess. --Fly, Share This Course.

http://www.sharethiscourse.org/

No comments: